Here we bring up the most frequently asked questions. If you can not find answers to what you were wondering about, it's fine to ask questions via mail or phone call, see the contact info at the bottom of the page.
Additional 20kr/canoe at the time of booking the canoe.
The option to change your booked time directly in the booking system to a new time. Valid from the day you booked until 48 hours before the rental date.
If 48 hours have passed it is no longer possible to rebook. Kanotpoolen has the right to keep the paid unused rental fee.
If you have bought the rebooking guarantee at the time of booking, you rebook the time yourself in the booking system.
If you do not have the rebooking guarantee you have to send an email to
and make a cancellation - then a new booking
Cancellation rules see the page How does it work - Rental - Booking - Cancellation rules
Send an email to email@example.com
Make a cancellation. For cancellation rules, see page Rental - Booking and Cancellation rules
Emptying a canoe on open water is difficult, you need help from people in another canoe and ideally have practiced it a few times.
- Help each other get in and out of the canoe. The one who is not getting in holds it in place against a jetty of something on the shoreline or with the help of the shaft of the paddle.
- Never stand in a canoe. Crawl when you get in, have a low centre of gravity as close to the middle as possible.
- Paddling: the person who sits in the back steers the canoe. The person sitting in the front should not bother to steer, just paddle or wait until the person in the back has the canoe on the right course again.
- The basic paddle stroke is done with the paddle close to the side of the canoe.
- You paddle on one side of the canoe each, keep it on that side until you get tired and both decide to shift to the other side.
You can read more see menu Paddling.
1 h at 13-14 closed for lunch on weekdays and 2 hours closed between 13-15 at the weekend. We have to have that for our staffing to work. On the weekend when we staff completely voluntarily and are open until 7pm. If we weren't closed for lunch, many more people would be needed to share the whole day. And that many people are not available for our staffing. We hope that those of you who rent understand this and adapt your pick-up and drop-off so that it fits our opening hours.
But if you can go from the jetty in and out of the canoe it should work.
During the trip take it easy and have a nice time, not musts and goals. The only thing to keep track of is to return half an hour before your return time to wash the canoe and return what you have rented.
We at kanotpoolen wish you a HAPPY TRIP.